Sonic Colours DS hacking

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by BlackYoshi, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackYoshi

BlackYoshi Active Member Member

This is my first topic :)

Engine:

Sonic colours ds was made over the rush engine, with various modifications for fitting to the modern stats, i don't know how to make asm hacks, but the asm hacks must be made in the overlay folder of the rom with some tools what i don't know, ask to somebody from new super mario bros hacking domain or kuribo64 about DS ASM hacking.

Models:

The models are in NSBMD format(Nitro Sistem basic model data), and the animations in nsbca files, you can easy made NSBMD models with MKDSCM(read the tools section), and the textures can be edited via NSBMe.

Sprites:

I understand about the image files, but are in bac files, there's no tools for hacking those files.

Packages:

The packages of acts, ingame stuff, bla blabla, all those stuff are in narc files, can be opened with the two tools what i will give.

Wisp powers:

The wisp transformation models are in narc files with the name "phantom"(wisp transformation code name)

Tools:

NSMBe:  http://nsmbhd.net/download/

MKDSCM: http://florian.nouwt.com/forum/get.php?id=1

(all the tools are for mario games, but are also usable for sonic games)

Later i will make an hack of sonic colours, when my mkds hack get finished

2. TheJeli

TheJeli Umm... Member

Does that mean we could port the Sonic model into NSMB? Although I doubt the skeleton would work.

Also I doubt you will be able to play Sonic Colours on hardware as I never found a ROM that will work on my R4 (not asking for one btw).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
  3. TimpZ

TimpZ Well-Known Member Member

I got Sonic Colours working with my 3DS R4 so that shouldn't be a problem.

4. TheJeli

TheJeli Umm... Member

Maybe my R4 doesn't support newer games then, I got mine before colours was released. I can't get Pokemon Black 1 or 2 working either so I'll have to get a new one sometime.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
  5. RocketRobz

RocketRobz Coolest of TWL, and Sonic fan Member

Or get a SuperCard DSTWO. This flashcart supports new games like Sonic Colo(u)rs, and Pokemon Black and White 1 and 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.