Sonic: Fantasy Worlds Ver. 1.0. DEMO

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by JackyFarron, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackyFarron

JackyFarron Ah, it suits you! Member

[This info is taken from readme.txt]

This is a demonstration version "Demo" of the second version of the unpopular game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsJ4oCOhRas. This version divides of more than six months of current work of this project.

Basically he keeps some of the progress/inclusion that they appreciated in the version 0.99 (excepting

), with more features.

In this demo they are included:

-3 acts of the first level, Blast Park [Green Hill]

-One of six Special Stages [the rest haven't been edited].

-Spindash and Jumpdash (thanks to Selbi).

-New and improved soundtrack.

-REV01 effects (only visible in Blast Park).

-Extra animations (thanks to deoxyskyogre).

-Increased level size, with it, new level layouts. (no art edited).

-Other things that you'll discover playing. :pingas:

Thanks for his help to:

-Selbi: Jumpdash, small helps in ASM.

-deoxyskyogre: Extra animations for Sonic, between other small things.

-Eduardo Knuckles: Notions on Music Porting, suggestions.

-cloudiar (Jose): Betatesting, notions on tile edition.

-hpzman: Guides, support.

-Already "died" SCAA: Art of monitors, between others.

-SSRG Forums, Sonic Retro: Guides and help FAQs.

-Nineko/oerg866: XM3SMPS, XM3SMPS oerg version.

-Other places/people that have thrown me a hand and that I don't remember now.

-SEGA & Sonic Team: For designing to this milestone of the video games.

-And finally to myself: Design of levels, Music Porting/Creating, SFX, art of title screen...

I don't love show images, but... They are some screenies.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

If you want to try, here is the link

[​IMG]Download demo version (457kb)

Hope you enjoyed it :downs:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
  2. Thorn

Thorn wroar Member

Very, very well put together. The layouts looked like they had a lot of thought put into them and flowed nicely, albeit with some cheap areas. That's... about it, really, there was only one zone to try. :pingas: A few things...

* With jumpdash, I'd highly suggest removing the behavior for jumping out of a roll -- the inability to turn around cripples the technique.

* There's a part in the first act where you hit a red side spring which sends you through a tube, past a checkpoint, through a loop... and directly into a side spike. Not cool. :downs: I found something similar in the second act... twice. If you're going at normal running speed, this is a fair obstacle. Heck, it's even fair if you can see a side spring aiming at a side spike. Putting a side spike in places where you're expected to approach fast is just cruel. You didn't train me to avoid side spikes; you trained me to avoid red side springs.

* You can get above the very last tube of the first act by coming in from above the loop right before it, and while it's possible to escape, it's still clearly not meant to happen at all.

* Where the screen's lower boundary changes in the second act, you can see under the first moving platform, which wasn't designed with a bottom.

* Near the end of the second act, there's an item on a high ledge that you can only reach using a slope jump... very cool.

* In the third act, you come around the final loop, speed past the checkpoint... and possibly fall to your doom when you hit the screenlock at the boss with a pit on the far-right.

But yeah, keep on keepin' on and this hack will come out fine all said and done.

EDIT: "infamous hack"? That word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
  3. JackyFarron

JackyFarron Ah, it suits you! Member

I noticed about it. Anyway, is only a demo version, so changes could appear in final version.

Whoops, that's an error! But I changed it.

Thanks for your comment!

4. MegaGWolf

MegaGWolf Unofficial Official Hack Showcaser Member

Just had a go at playing this myself.

Alot of what I would have to say has been said by Thorn, I found myself getting stuck (as in, in the middle of a wall) in all sorts of places.

Level design was ok at best but that is only my opinion from my own playing style, in general it seemed pretty good.

Having said all that though as this was just a demo anyway, I know stuff will change and by the looks of things I can expect a fun hack to play!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.