Sonic Generations - PS3 HUD mod help

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by DarkLeach, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLeach

DarkLeach Well-Known Member Member

Since I tend to play with a PS2 controller when I play Sonic Generations on PC I decided it would be nice to make my own HUD Mod to go along with how I play (and I can't find a download for one online.) I've pretty much finished but I have one problem as shown in the video. The whole video just shows that it works everywhere except in the HUB World Select. (and for some strange reason my game drops down to 10FPS for a few seconds when I boost or make a similar effect, but that isn't caused by any mod or video settings, but that's unrelated just thought I'd point it out before anyone else did.)

http://youtu.be/gkOqHilTauE

I extracted the resources from the PS3 demo:

ui_common_btn_pltf.dds
    ui_common_btn_stick_pltf.dds

and replaced the ones that were in these files.

bbSonicActionCommon.ar.00

bbSonicActionCommonHud.ar.00

bbSystemCommon.ar.00(only the first one went here)
    bb3SonicActionCommon.ar.00

bb3SonicActionCommonHud.ar.00

I placed them were I thought they would need to be, yet the button icons and the stick icon in the HUB world selection remain unchanged. Is there a place where I forgot the place the files that I should've? I didn't really have anything to go off of because I haven't really seen mods that alter the buttons of the HUD. I also made sure that I replaced the files where I said I replaced them.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Slash

Slash Well-Known Member Member

I have sent you a download to my version of the PS3 Hud in the comments of the video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.