Sonic in Spelunky

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Razor, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razor

Razor Active Member Member

Here are the sprite mods for the indy game Spelunky which replace certain characters for Sonic the Hedgehog characters.

Game's description from Steam:
    Spelunky is a unique platformer with randomized levels that offer a challenging new experience each time you play. Journey deep underground and explore fantastic places filled with all manner of monsters, traps, and treasure. You'll have complete freedom while you navigate the fully-destructible environments and master their many secrets. To stay or flee, to kill or rescue, to shop or steal... in Spelunky, the choice is yours and so are the consequences!

Download Sonic sheet

Download Shadow sheet

Download Knuckles sheet

Download Amy sheet (damsel replacement)

Modding Tutorial

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
  2. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

Let's see..
    There's Pokemon Hedgehog Blue, Super Sonic 64, Sonic in OoT, and so much more.
    This, too, is good, but it could be better.

Is it just me, or is "Sonic in [INSERT_TITLE_HERE]" getting a little too cliche?

Either way, this Sonic in Spelunky idea is a bit strange of a mod, but using just the original Sonic Advanced sprites makes it seem a bit more un-fitting to the rest of the game.
    Where the Sonic on 64's used Sonic Shuffle's model because it fits a little better, Sonic's Spelunky mod could make use of a little more shading.
    Still, I (like others) enjoy the Sonic mods in different games, but that's no reason to be lazy and make it nothing but "Sonic in Kingdom Hearts" or "Sonic in Super Gerball."
    I wish more people would take on harder ideas, like my old favorite SMW hack called No Way, which actually took on using other games with similar slope-and-platforms to the Sonic degree. 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.