Sonic: Scorched Quest (pre-3.0) [SHC2016] (Burned Edition)

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Painto, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

[​IMG]
    It's back after a year! I don't I have to write much about it, as it's on both SHC entry and the website, so I'll write shortly.

New features of this version are:
    • New zones & acts playable: GHZ, BHZ (fully), RMZ (fully), FYZ (1&2), BLZ (fully), FLZ (1&2), MBZ (1&2), Special Stages (fully)
    • Bosses in every act, except for Flame Yard 2
    • Fixed various issues
    • New songs by LuigiXHero, Bakayote & me
    • Other things you may notice

Screenshots:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Downloads & stuff:
    Feel free to express your opinions & criticism, as always :p

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

This hack was incredibly improved since the version released last year. That wasn't a surprise, though. I expected the best of this hack so that I could finally play it. And, haha! It has no bug on the Caterkiller this time. I didn't even see big problems on this hack. I just saw some very small things needing work here and there, but they're really little in comparison to the wonderful and precious stuff that this hack has.

Painto likes this.
  3. Techokami

Techokami For use only on NTSC Genesis Systems. Member

This is by far more improved than last time! I also like how Special Stages have been dramatically overhauled.
    With that said, however, I had a crash with the 5th (red) Special Stage. In the second area, I got hit by a mine, then...
    [​IMG]
    Emulator is GenesisPlusGX in Bizhawk 1.11.8

Painto likes this.
  4. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

I already knew that one, as you can judge from the screenshot it's a very dumb oversight which never should to happen. On the hack's website there's a fixed download which fixes this one error. Thanks for playing.

5. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

I mentioned it in the comments section on the SHC page, but I'll also mention it here:

I got stuck in the wall above the ring gate in Special Stage 4 (I think. Might have been 3). There's a lone blue spring on a block against the wall (just before the ring gate to the next section) and, upon hitting it, I was pushed into the wall on the right. I couldn't get out and had to wait for time over.

Anyway, I will say again that this was great fun to play. The layout has a few kinks that needs to be ironed out in places, but I loved playing it and look forward to the final release in the future. Good job, Painto.

EDIT: Special Stage 4: Just before Ring Gate 2. There's a single blue spring against a wall, near the top of the tunnel down, with a monitor above it. Approaching this spring at the wrong angle will put you in the wall. Just for clarification.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Painto likes this.
  6. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

Time to make an comment.

This hacks looks fantastic. It greatly improved since last year, it looks just good. Since it's obivious that you will win the Hidden Palace Trophy on SHC, you deserved it. :)

Painto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.