Sonic & The Debug Curse

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Chaotix, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaotix

Chaotix Bad at Team Fortress 2 Member

Sonic & The Debug Curse
    Hey, if TheStoneBanana can make a mini thread, so can I :p
     ​
    Yes, shoot me, I made a Kirby and The Rainbow Curse reference.
     ​
    Q: Why can't I move?

What your meant to do is use Debug Mode to get around to the stage. This means placing objects when jumping to make you advance.

Q: WHY DOES THIS EXIST???

Well, I was watching a video by a user on YouTube known as whoisthisgit, and he mentioned at the end that a fanhack would be cool, so I took the challenge of making it. If you want more info on what it's about, lookie here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHdad2ntAQY&spfreload=10

Q: Is this your first hack?

Yes, it is!

Special Thanks goes to:

Selbi - How to make Sonic not move, make it so that when Silver Sonic is defeated the game will end (haven't tested yet) and enable debug mode at the start.

MainMemory - How to make Sonic not do the spindash (Non-Spindash Version), and pretty much everything else (Thanks for SonLVL too, I find it easier to use than SonED2 imo ;D)

KNOWN BUGS
    Sonic can't move when finishing the stage [Minor, as it should still send you to the next stage] (Found by the git himself!)​
    [​IMG]
    Silver Sonic not ending game when destroyed [Major]​
    Game Crashing [Major]​
    (If you kill yourself, turn into debug mode and place an object, it will crash the game. Turn back into Sonic first and then place the object to avoid crashing!)​
     ​
    Video (This is an earlier version, uploaded the wrong file ,_,)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdAVTzGJWPE&feature=youtu.be​
     ​
    DOWNLOADS
     ​
     ​
    Feedback and Criticism is appreciated! c:
     ​
    Feedback

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
  2. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

The download isn't working (at least to me).

3. Joshwoakes

Joshwoakes Active Sonic Hacker Member

i have just played the spin dash version of this hack and this is a very frustrating and slow challenge but it is possible to complete the first stage but because you have to use debug to place objects (and use the spin dash for the most part if playing the spin dash version) and navigate the level that way it will take some time.  

Also i suggest that you disable the use of  the speed shoes monitors as they are kind of useless in this challenge hack (well i found them useless when playing this challenge hack)

anyway it's great hack but very frustrating which is in my opinion a important part of challenge hacks. 

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  4. Razor

Razor Active Member Member

BUG: If you finish EHZ you can move camera in debug mode in CPZ.

upd: you can beat No Spin-Dash Version [Harder] up to the Death Egg Zone final fight. After beating Silver Sonic you will get stuck. I'll upload video later.

upd2:

5. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

This post may be relevant to your interests.

6. Chaotix

Chaotix Bad at Team Fortress 2 Member

Right, I'll try and see if I can fix those bugs. Not sure about the Silver Sonic one, but the game crashing I'll try and fix. Also, I can't update the Spindash version as that one was an earlier build.

7. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

Played the hard version & Indeed it proves a challenge, & even though I read about that glitch, being use to dying & debug placing, i done so anyway & crash. I couldn't get through EHZ but on the bright side, it creates a side game, How long can you keep Tails in the air...

8. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

I played the hard version, and i must say that the hack is really a challenge. You have no spindash, and no left and right walking.

Your only weapon is Debug Mode. Then you must even walk with the help of debug. This hack was funny :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.