Sonmaped problem...

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by DanielHall, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

So I decided to port the peelout because I got bored the other day because i wanted something to do.

[​IMG]

The sprite hasn't ported properly...

Those tiles shouldn't be behind Sonic and he has an incorrect pallette (the yellow and black on Sonic's shoes.)

I have tried with other sprites, but same results. The tiles keep behind the sprite.

There was nothing about this in the tutorial, any suggestions? [​IMG]

EDIT: And I have used Sonmaped in the past. For the wallrecoil up there.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
  2. Guest

Well from what I can see, it looks like you had the same problem I had when I tried to port it over, If I were you I would use the left over black tiles that you have on there and port the peel out sprites on those instead. if done properly, each sprite should port over with better results, but depending on how your peel-out sprites looked when you first got them, I would suggest using the same ones that I used here.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  3. DanielHall

Those black tiles aren't tiles. I got them when I ported the spindash with tilemolester...

And I doubt it's the peelout sprites. I tried to make a new monitor and got the same problem...

4. Guest

oh... well if that's the case then the only other suggestion that I could think of is by creating blank tiles out out of the square tiles that you have and port the sprites over like that. it should work like it did for me when I did it.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  5. DanielHall

Those are new tiles. :(

6. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Settings -> Image Importing -> Assume Corner is Background

Not sure if it it needs to be enabled or disabled, just toggle it.

7. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Problem's obvious.

It's the tiles around Sonic. :( Just get rid of those, and try importing it again.

8. DanielHall

Oops, They were black tiles. sorry about that. [​IMG]

Anyways, what was rather strange was it doesn't let me use those other tiles for some reason... (not the black ones.) [​IMG]

But whatever... thanks to Crapymix294 for the sprites and whoever attempted to help me when I needed it. :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  9. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

Yea... I remembered when Selbi has the same problem. Good times...

EDIT: ^ I don't know why I posted that or anything at all since the problem was solved. This topic just brought back some old memories I guess...? =P

Nah, you can still port it with the tiles. You just have to change some sort of setting that I'm too lazy to check and post again right now. =P

(Look at the link above)

But honestly, this wasn't so hard to figure out. I remembered I had the same problem. But, all I did was play around with the settings and BAM! It worked. =P

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
  10. DanielHall

It works when I port with the black tiles in usage, but not the bottom ones.

NOTE: I'm sure i got those black tiles through merging padding.bin with sonic_old.bin (loltutorial)

11. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Yeah, that's the problem. The SonMapEd tutorial teaches you how to add new tiles, but since you already have this bunch of black tiles, there's no need for them.

But well, you should change the top left colour in the palette selector to something like pink, so you can see the background. It's a usual problem many people don't see, so eyes and shoes are transparent in-game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.