Special Stage issue after adding more characters

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by JoenickROS, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Alright so there is a weird instance in my and Mike B berrys hack (yes he is helping with the project now)

So any way the act 2 special stages crash after about 10 seconds here is a video demonstrating the issue.

we think that it has too do with having extra characters, If anyone can help us figure out what the real problem could possibly be we would greatly apperciate it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
  2. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

You may have a defective line in your Special Stage code. Look it over once, twice, three times. Usually, the case is either [a] a non-existent PLC address or loading a different character's DPLC's for the character's art. That's all I have to say.

3. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

Hmm... This glitch seems to have occurred in my hack as well... and I fear that it may be affiliated with my dynamic palette guide. For some reason it is causing the Special stages to start the player off in unknown areas, where there are many twists... as you have seen in the video above. This only happens if the player reaches the special stage on any 2nd act of a zone. At the moment I am searching through the code to see how this could be resolved.

4. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

(sorry for double post)

Hold on, I just looked at the video, and I'll say this here...

I HAVE NO fuckING CLUE WHAT YOU COULD HAVE POSSIBLY DONE TO THE SPECIAL STAGE TO MAKE IT ACT THIS WAY.

In other words, I'm stumped. I guess I'll leave this one to the pros, because so far, I haven't even TOUCHED the Special Stages in my hack.

5. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

I'm unsure if this issue is generated from a corrupt VRAM pointer or VDP interrupt. I'm willing to put money one the latter.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.