Sprite Mappings Macros

Discussion in 'Tutorials Archive' started by MainMemory, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

I've created a set of macros in an attempt to produce mapping files that can be read and edited by humans. Of course, program support for these is currently lacking, but I may do something about that in the future.

In order to use these you will have to define a SonicMappingsVer constant equal to 1, 2 or 3 depending on the game you're editing, and include SpritePiece.asm.

You can find the asm file containing the macros here, a sample converted file here, and a converter program (with SpritePiece.asm file) here.

About the "spritePiece2P" macro and "Separate 2P Tile" checkbox, these are only needed if you're editing Sonic 2 and your sprites use the same mappings but a different art tile in 2P mode, otherwise the 2P data will be automatically calculated.

Edit: updated to use "mappingsTable"/"mappingsTableEntry" macros instead of "dc.w piece-main" statements.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  2. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

Bumping this to let you know that I've updated the programs with the latest SonLVL API (pretty sure the old one had bugs), and the converter package now includes separate SpritePiece ASM files for AS (S2, S3K) and now ASM68K (S1).

P.S. why is this in the tutorial section?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.