The Elementalists - Development Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Kilo, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

The Elementalists is a game I've been designing since 2016. The game was originally named after the 3 main characters "Iso, Met, and Rick" however was later changed by mid 2020. The initial concept was a mix of the game Portal and chess. Players would place portals to throw each other off the stage to win points. It was also originally prototyped in Scratch, which was a mistake.
    [​IMG]
    The idea was dropped because of the similarities to Portal, and because it didn't feel fun. The game then became a brawler which is the state it is in today. In 2019 actual character designs were made for the 3 main characters, Iso, Met, and Rick.:
    upload_2020-8-21_20-35-48.png
    (Note that Iso was drawn separately from these 2 due to a redesign, thus, not to scale and not fully drawn)
    Now with all these concepts and all, I had to actually make some sort of prototype to prove the concept, and that's what I've been working on for the past few weeks. As of August 21, here is the latest build of The Elementalists:

It still has a long way to go, but this has been some major progress compared to the past 4 years.

Look forward to more updates in this thread. Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, or inquire for contribution!

Ravenfreak likes this.