Title Sonic Help Again!

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by RetroX, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroX

RetroX Active Member Member

A while back I needed help with my title Sonic and couldn't get it fixed. Now that I have more ASM knowledge I can probably fix it with some help. Only half of it would load. I have a picture if that would help. Can someone help me with this or tell me how to re-point the art or something?

[​IMG]

2. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

Not enough information to know what's wrong just from that shot.

Though it looks like maybe some pieces of Sonic are set to be behind the emblem.

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

It could be as Rika said that the sprites are set behind the emblem, or it could be that you've reached the sprite limit due to setting sprites to show only 1 tile each or something minor along them lines, I believe I've seen someone do this before when they used some auto import feature of the SonMapEd tool, which only seemed to import the art in singular horizontal lines from bottom to top, making it impossible to use the provided long vertical shaped sprites (This would explain why the top half isn't showing rather than the bottom).

Again, I'm in an agreement with Rika, we need more information to perform a proper analysis.

4. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

I go for what you said Markey, this is a common thing to see, and its normally due to the fact that its reached the sprite limit so the best options is to put it together in peices like 16x16 or 32x32 etc, rather than 8x8.

5. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Or maybe the coordinates in your mappings are wrong. Try selecting everything in sonmaped, move everything up or down 4 or 5 times and change the coordinates of the object accordingly.

6. RetroX

RetroX Active Member Member

Thanks Markey, I rebuilt the sprites manually and it works just fine now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.