Trialist Changes and Rules Reminder

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Spanner, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Due to the rather poor post quality lately from oncoming Trialists, we have reduced the amount of posts that they are given to prove their worth.

Trialists now have just 10 posts to show to the staff that they are capable of being a member.
    If the staff are unsure on promoting people once they have hit the Prospect stage, then another ten will be given.

A reminder that the staff can promote Trialists early or demote them to Limbo AT ANY TIME. This isn't a playground, rules are expected to be abided by and if you can't do what is expected of a good member, then we have no choice but to remove your posting privileges earlier than expected.

2. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    A reminder while we're on this topic, READ THE FUCKING RULES. Seriously, you want to piss off the staff, go on ahead and ignore the rules. If you want to stick around, do yourself a favor and stick to the rules. We're understanding people that can reason, but our patience only goes so far.

3. Giovanni

Giovanni It's Joe-vanni, not Geo-vanni. Member

A link for the rules might be useful here.
    EDIT: For who's too lazy to go to the forum's home page.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

I mean, it's not really needed, considering the rules have their own section, and they're the first thing you see on the forums page.

Clownacy likes this.
  5. Giovanni

Also another thing:
    "Welcome to the forums. You now have 20 posts to prove that you're worthy of being promoted to the Member group."

I think that all the 20s here need to be changed.

6. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    That has now been fixed. Was a slip of memory when the post count limit was altered.

7. Giovanni

Is it me or I still see the 20s?

8. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    Probably still cached. I just verified that it's changed on my end, as well as on the server files, so it'll change for everyone in due time.

9. SKtE

SKtE Newcomer Trialist

Welcome to the forums. You now have 20 posts to prove that you're worthy of being promoted to the Member group.

Once you've used up your 20 posts, you'll automatically be placed into the Prospect group. Where you'll reside until your promotion status is decided.

It's worth noting that not all Trialists will have to endure this process. The lucky few that show exceptional promise will see themselves promoted to the Member group before using up their 20 posts.

Exactly what it says, copy-pasted straight from the home page for me, word-for-word. Do us Trialists get 20 posts, or no? I'm just asking.

Edit: Now it's like it should be.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  10. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    No. You newbz get 10.

11. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    Check again. Shouldn't say that at all.

12. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Just checked myself, says 10.

13. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    I really can't believe I find myself saying this *again*, but here we are. Over the past few weeks, while some of you have been good, there's been a majority that have decided to ignore these things that apply to everyone on the site. Yes, that includes you newcomers, too. I'm going to say this once, as loudly and clearly as I can muster at the moment. I'm even going to be nice and link you directly at the same time.

READ THE FUCKING RULES!

Got it? If not, I may start issuing warning points, and you don't want to find out what's been rigged up to punish users that accrue enough of those. You want to make it to membership? Read the rules. It says at the top of the board for the lot of you, and I'm absolutely irritated to no fucking end that I'm finding myself making this announcement. Shit's getting old, and it seems verbal warnings are beyond ineffectual. I want to be nice to you lot. I really do. But you're making it really hard for me when you're ignoring the rules left and right. You lot only get ten posts apiece to prove that you can behave in this community. You're blowing it if you're ignoring the rules.

Things will get ugly if this announcement needs to be made again. Shape up, or shit's going to hit the fan.

EMK-20218, Pacca, ArcaniaCQ and 5 others like this.
  14. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    Three Limbos in two weeks. Three. I made this announcement for the benefit of all of you trialists, and three have blown it so far by ignoring the rules.

Shit's hit the fan, people. I'm not happy. The staff isn't happy. It's not hard to read and abide by the rules, but apparently that's too hard. Since nice reminders haven't worked, the railgun's coming out, and justice will be swift. You get warned once about a rule violation. Second time, your ass will be sent to Limbo by the site staff. This place is going to shape up whether people like it or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.