Ultimate Sonic (calling it beta 1)

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by warr1or2, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

2. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

XD.

The spring jump needs a small improving, I think. At least in controlling it, because is hard to do one.

The music don't suck too much anyway...

Please, edit the levels...

these are my suggestions...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
  3. Hanoch

Hanoch Well-Known Member Member

Why would this need more moves if you didn't even touch the level layouts? I can even beat the game without using them.

Next time, make the layouts that would make you utilize the moves. What I like about games in general is that you dont have to use power ups to beat them, but only rely on the natural powers the character has. Power ups only help beat the game faster.

Look at megaman, all bosses can be beaten with the mega buster, but using their weakness just makes it more easy and fast. Megaman's only natural power that I know of, is the slide. Some levels need to use the slide because its a natural power and not a power up that is a must to beat the level.

So in short, when you make the layouts make the jumpdash and spring jump needed at some points to keep going.

4. MicroChirp

MicroChirp Wow, I was so stupid a few years ago... Member

Another Ultimate hack.

A nice little hack, keep improving on this.

5. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

well once i'm done with moves and music i was going to anyway

I want to add a peelout by changing the spindash coding (in other words using the spindadh's dust.) also wanting to make a speedy 4th act to some of the zones.

well like i said in one post i wanted to add a wall jump, in this manor i can add a spot for a 1-up which requires the spring jump and wall jump just to get (like on ninga gaiden for nes there are spots to jump back and forth on a wall to advance.) that's why i'm waiting for level editing.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
  6. Hanoch

Hanoch Well-Known Member Member

You're kinda missing my point here.

Stacking 1ups in places hard to reach, is good to make the player use the power up, or be really skilled at this game (aka bouncing of enemies)

Power ups are something you collect in the game, but its not necessary to beat the level. A good example of this are megaman games, you can start in which level you want and its possible to beat them without the boss weapons(except for wily stages, some of them require you to keep a boss weapon to break a wall or something).

I'll say a bad example now. If you have played DBZ:Sagas (a ps2 game) it requires you to get Z coins and buy the super ability, which allows you to use a kamehameha or masenko, depends on which character. They didn't put it as a natural power, which would make TOO much sense.

Another example is Prototype. Some missions require you to get EP and buy an upgrade to start the mission, to advance in the game.

In conclusion, power ups are something that are used to make the gaming experience easier and more fun. Natural powers are stuff you have right from the start, like the CONTROLS of the game. Or the PHYSICS. If you need a power up to beat a stage, this stage is probably frustrating or too cheap. Imagine you needed 50 rings to pass a stage. You get all rings and get hurt, this means no rings to beat the level.

There's a hack called Sonic: The one ring, this hack makes you collect 1 ring thats somewhere around the level. Once you do that, the stage is finished, and its like that for all zones and all acts. If there would be a sonic game that makes you do that for only 1 stage, it would be too frustrating and annoying because your not used to that mechanic.

7. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

you got a point, but keep in mind i'm somewhat new to ASM, but getting the hang of it. maybe i'll place a "S" monitor changing the coding to make him pass a Stage.

(where to find the code for this?)

Added Eggman Monitor and works...

on second thought i tested it again and need to add a branch code to prevent ULTIMATE LIVES glitch. (eggman monitor put on GHZ for testing purposes and when i got down to 1 life and hit the monitor to go to 0 and died... Unlimited lives)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2011
  8. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

http://www.4shared.com/file/TmZq6nVw/s1built_2.html

UPDATE: Spring Jump Works, Super Sonic variant (Down+ B ) - I need to find the code for "does sonic have all chaos emeralds", Super Shield (Down+ C ) again with the emerald but "...Have 3 emeralds"

Spindash Dust missing. was trying to modify the move to make peelout including dust but messed it up.

more music (some are annoying and needs adjusting)

- the video

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
  9. Gallimimus

Gallimimus Newcomer Trialist

...THis was posted on my Bday!?!?!?

10. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Oh gawd! Thanks for bumping an almost 6 month old topic on your first post! Good luck with your future here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.