Unfair warning and Pro User status removed.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by Tongara, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tongara

Tongara Well-Known Member Exiled

Spanner said I should post this here, so I'm going right ahead and doing that.

redhotsonic has added a warning to my account, and my pro user status has been removed.

I believe I have only been given this warning due to my avatar being an edit of his own, and nothing else... the warning was added in "profile" and not on any post, around the same time my avatar was removed.

The warning reason said the following:

"Please stop picture spamming and actually post something useful once in a while.  We know you're not a hacker, but that doesn't mean you've got to spam all the time."

I didn't spam anything. I replied a few times with reaction images, and they were always on topic.

I also mainly posted them on April 1st, when everyone was having a good time... we may have went a little far, but someone always has to act passive aggressive about the whole thing, huh?

I also never "spammed" them, and always made sure there was at least 1 post after my last before I posted again.

Also, I've made an Altered Beast hack, I've ported Badniks from Sonic 2 Beta to Sonic 1, and I even made some of the first Music hacks of Sonic 2 Beta around 9 years ago, so how am I not a "hacker"?

So, can I please know what I've done wrong to have my status removed and have a warning on my account? I feel I've proven myself enough to be a Pro User, and if my warning was SERIOUSLY over an avatar, then that is kind of pathetic, no?

I hope this can be solved quickly.

2. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

I don't see why Tongara is the only one singled out here. If it truly was for picture spamming, where's Spanner's warning? Where's mine? Secondly, it was all done on April 1st - it was in spirit and we were all having fun on the day. So, yeah, you know.

3. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Ok, I'll make this clear and easy to understand to keep this topic as brief as possible.

April 1st I don't give a fuck about, people pissed about, that was the point of the day, life goes on. The difference is, this was not a single event for you, this was just another day on a long line of days where you haven't made a single contributing post on these forums. To make sure I was remembering everything correctly, I just checked your posts via the "Find Content" button in your profile. Are you aware that you haven't written a single worthwhile line of text all year (not including this topic)? Every post you've made this year has either been a reaction pic or a song about cocks.

For me, Pro Users are there to contribute towards the basis of this site, which is to help people grasp the basics and understand the intricacies of hacking. It's not your personal fucking playground. If your whole purpose here is just to fuck around, then you might as well take it elsewhere. Your Pro User title was removed on the basis that in the last 6 months or more, we've seen nothing to suggest that you deserved to keep it. No sensible posts, no show of any hacking activity, just someone treating the place like a playground. People can say that Spanner deserves to be punished as he sometimes posts reaction pictures, but he also makes a lot more posts contributing both behind the scenes in the Staff sections and in other topics related to the purpose of these forums, to far outweigh the occasion pic.

As for your warning, RHS issued it, so I'm not doing anything about the matter. The Staff have the right to enforce warnings where they see fit, and we tend to give them the freedom to take actions as they feel necessary. If you want it removing, you need to take it up with him. If you were aware you were pissing off a Staff member and then continued to provoke said Staff member, then I really have no sympathy for your predicament at all.

4. Tongara

Okay, I'm ready.
    Fair enough.
    Also fair enough.
    Okay, I'll take it up with him.
    I wasn't aware of such a thing at all, but okay.

5. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Okay, I'm going to be completely honest here.

As StephenUK has mentioned, all you do is post pictures to annoy people and get reactions.  Now, I was going to complain about you ages ago, but I sort-of forgot.  Until April 1st, you were doing it again.  Now, I know, it was April 1st, everyone was, but it reminded me about warning you.  Please be aware, your warning and demotion was not due to April 1st, but to all times before.

I raised the issue with other staff members, just in case I was over-reacting as didn't want to do anything rational.  I actually raised this issue even before you changed your avatar to an EMO me and a video about TSR with RHS pictures (but this did kind-of pissed me off, don't know why you suddenly started picking on me).  The conclusion came to me that I wasn't over-reacting.  So I warned you, then thought, wait a minute, he's not setting a "pro user" example at all.  So I put you in a normal member group as well.  Someone else actually removed your RHS EMO avatar (no names mentioned).

So, you're probably thinking, "I don't hack, what do you expect me to post about?"  Fair enough, but that doesn't mean you have to post crappy pictures all the time.  Like if someone posts a picture/screenshot of their hack and it was terrible, most of us would say, "That's terrible, the colours do not blend, you need to do this or that" and give a bit of criticism.  If you were going to post to that, you would probably post a anime picture with "THAT IS SHIT" on it.  You can either give some criticism, or not post at all.  If someone doesn't get the message and keeps showing rubbish palettes over and over and over and ignoring our criticism  then if you posted one anime picture, I'd be fine with that.

This had been going on for goodness knows how long, and I for one was getting sick of it.  Trust me, this is nothing personal at all.  I will re-open this topic shortly for your reply.

6. Tongara

I wasn't picking on you, and I'm sorry if you thought I was. I used pictures of a red sonic for that video, and a quote of my own, and pretended it was TSR, just for shits and giggles.The avatar was really just supposed to be a joke, and I'm sorry if I upset you.

Yeah, I know who did. Sorry for saying it was you. 
    I've posted in this topic already that I DO hack. 
    I hardly ever post, but fair enough.I don't have anything to add beyond this, so I don't mind the topic staying locked from now on. I got my answer, and I don't care enough to argue it anymore.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.