Unlock your own topic

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by Sonic master, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

I have made a splash screen tutorial http://sonicresearch...?showtopic=2965 and I have noticed that some of the images went down I would like to fix my post but the topic is locked and it won't let me modify my post I think it would be nice if the starter of the thread could unlock their thread if there is an update or something similar.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
  2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I agree. Seeming as topics now get automatically locked after a certain time, being able to unlock your own topic would be handy. Beats creating a new one.

3. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

This would be a great idea, especially if you don't want to start a new thread about a hack you previously worked on. :)

4. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

I personally never really understood the idea behind auto-locking any old topics anyway. I mean, sure, it stops idiots from necro-bumping, but those are really rare cases and if someone does it during the Trialist phase that person is marked for limbo anyway. It's not really needed.

5. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

It appears that someone has unlocked my topic I have fixed the images that were down thank you to who ever unlocked it!

6. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

It'd also clean up the means to post topics that are already locked, in a new topic. Not to mention It'd keep up productivity on other peoples projects.

7. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

OK, I've made so only those from the Member group up can lock & unlock their own threads. But, please note that the unlocking better be for a good reason. Plus, if a member of staff locks a thread and includes a post stating that thread is not to be unlocked, then don't unlock it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.