W.I.P Sonic 2 Hack - Ice Paradise Zone

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Bluesfire, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluesfire

Bluesfire Will Hack For Food. Member

Hey SSRG! I am working on a Sonic 2 hack, and this is the first act of stage one, Ice Paradise Zone. I didn't include game audio, as I am still working on including a midi of the music from the video into the game. If anyone could help me there please message me!

Anyways, here is the video! Please give me any thoughts on it, negative or positive.

EDIT: This is now obsolete. S2's sound driver is much too difficult for me to work with. This hack has been scrapped (for Now..) and is being moved to Sonic 1.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
  2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I do like the palette, very icy. And the audio you've put with the video, if you could get something similar to that, it would most definitely suit.

Your layout could be better. There are pieces that do not fit with each other. Also, looking at this video, nothing really "excites" me. There were parts that looked the same as Sonic 2 (3 monitors, invincibility and 2 "10" rings).

It is a good start however.

3. Bluesfire

Bluesfire Will Hack For Food. Member

Yeah, the Level layout is still being improved on. And I have a great midi of that song, but I have no clue on how to put it in Sonic 2. The whole process is very confusing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.