Well, I'm back... (Sonic 1: MICORL -- One-Day-PoC)

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Selbi, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

So, after the SeanieB incident and my hiatus, I've decided to give hacking another try, although slowly to get something special done and be all "BOOM BITCHES, I'M BACK!" with another remade avatar. Well, I got the remade avatar, but that's about it, because, unfortunately, this amazing comeback won't happen the way I expected.

I've started working on something after I privately spoke to MarkeyJester a little and gave myself some time. In one day the basic concept was done so I could start building an entire game around it. It was supposed to be completely different to ERaZor, trying out new stuff with the experiences I've developed over the past years.

Well, here kicks in the problem of having a secret solo-project: Your idiocy easily makes you do dumb shit. In this case, it was deleting the wrong files after my hard drive reached its limits of capacity. I took a break there because I was working on YouTube videos (Team Fortress 2 related if you want to know) so I didn't noticed until I decided to continue working. Everything from the beginning of the year to this point is gone. May not sound like a lot of time, but considering I worked on it on a daily basis pretty much, countless hours of work are gone to waste, and I've pretty much 'deleted' my entire motivation. Should I decide to restart working on this project, I will definitely do the one thing every person with a brain should do: CREATE BACKUPS!

The only thing leftover was the one-day Proof Of Concept I showed off to MarkeyJester, which is the only thing I have to show you, so here it is (be aware though, it's buggy, incomplete, and very primitive):

Sonic 1: MICORL (MInd COntRoL)

Press A while you're standing near a badnik and B for special attacks (if available). Only works in GHZ. The rest is self-explanatory.

So yeah, although it wasn't the amazing comeback I was hoping for (and a lot sooner than I expected on top of that), I hope I can somehow continue wasting my life with a blue hedgehog. Just a quick note I'd like to give off, my means of leaving were genuine and grass still isn't grown over the entire thing, although I've decided to move one. Shit happens, guys, and sometimes the pile might be a little bigger.

2. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Welcome back.

Seems an interesting project, anyways. The idea of taking control of badniks sounds fun.

3. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Hacking is flowing in your veins, you can't run, it'll follow you everywhere. :p

Anyway, the concept seems nice. What was the plan originally?

4. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    [​IMG]

Well done. Fucking well done. 

It's kinda buggy, but nevertheless, it is badass. I would love to see this concept evolved and fixed to work properly.

Also, welcome back to the rain forest, mutha fucka. Watch out for the britfagz that sip tea and Russian haxorz that can't hack or come up with anything original. Hope you enjoy your stay =P.

5. Selbi

Took me three days to realize I posted this in the wrong forum. Move please.

6. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Moved to Showroom.

7. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Hahah, it's kinda buggy, but it's very funny. In case of you accepting ideas for it, I have one.

You could make another Sonic passing the level with the invisible enemies for him too. So the player's Sonic could convert himself into one of the level's badniks to destroy the clone Sonic with a defined number of hits. When the cloned Sonic gets completely destroyed, the transformer Sonic would play the next level with similar focus. 

Ah, I forgot to say that I'm really happy to see you back. You know why... You're a hacker with a huge load of potential. You proved it with Erazor, Selbi!

8. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Well, this is certainly an interesting concept. I have a bit of a nitpick, and it's this:

WHY CAN'T YOU GET HIT BY ENEMIES AND WHY CAN'T YOU DESTROY THEM MERELY BY JUMPING ON THEM?

That's it. Otherwise, this is an amazing concept. I'm interested in where this will be going. However, I've noticed that, with the exception of the Final Zone, you cannot hit Eggman during a boss battle.

9. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

Proof of Concept dude. Besides, he already explained why the enemies can't be destroyed.

10. XtremerSadiqX

XtremerSadiqX Burning Way Past Cool Member

Awesome hack Selbi! but how come you can't take over Robotnik's mind?

11. Selbi

One day.

12. Brynn

Brynn Newcomer Trialist

Sounds pretty interesting

13. XtremerSadiqX

XtremerSadiqX Burning Way Past Cool Member

One day.

One day?

14. Selbi