What not to do in a hack/what to add in a forum about you hack

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by shadowbeasts, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowbeasts

shadowbeasts I'm Legend Member

before I start staff please put this where necessary and if you must please pin it.

Many of you know of my hack sonic unlimited which is slowly becoming "a what not to do in a hack/ what to add in a forum about your hack" forum. So that's what this is.

First know what you what to do, don't just edit randomly. Have credits like this:

have screenshots and ask for any Comments/Criticism. Don't steal from other hacks and of you accidentally do make sure you tell that person that you didn't know you were stealing. Don't use only Tutorials use your own codes (as long as they work.)

If anyone thinks I'm missing anything please post it here.

2. Hanoch

Hanoch Well-Known Member Member

Make good layouts, art (level and sprites) and palettes. Music is kinda unnecessary but do that If you can.

When you are trying to make some asm code\port something from another game, try before you ask. Fixing errors is the easiest thing, just look at the line of the error. Example:

Code:
    C:\HACKS\S1ADVED\SONIC1.ASM(36087) : Error : Op-code not recognised

fsesgr

The line will be always next to the file (SONIC1.ASM is the file and 36087 is the line, search with Ctrl+G).

Op-code is the command. fsesgr is not a command so you got the error.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.